Case pendant based on the Swiss invention patent No. 4 646, delivered on February 15, 1892, to Louis-G. Tribaudeau, Besançon (France), for a “Pendant perfectionné pour montres de tous genres” (Pendant perfected for watches of all kinds).
Fabriques G. Tribaudeau, Besançon
House founded in 1876 in Besançon (France). The manufactory was 4, rue des Fontenottes, next to the funicular station, in the Bregille district (an old village absorbed by the development of the city in the 19th century), on the right bank of the Doubs, at the foot of the hill overlooking the Mouillière station and bordering the historic centre of the capital of Franche-Comté.
In 1927, this manufacture had already won more than 125 awards at the Besançon National Astronomical Observatory's chronometry competitions: six First Prizes, three Second Prizes, 35 Gold Medals and 54 Silver Medals.
The Tribaudeau manufactory made watches, jewellery and goldsmith’s art, hence the name “Fabriques” in the plural. It registered the trademark “Trib”. The company specialised in direct sales to the public by mail order with illustrated catalogues published every year. The Tribaudeau family continued the company’s activities until 1984; it had its most prosperous period in the inter-war period. The company still exists and markets advertising watches.