Hong Kong, May 29, 2022
Gironde & Cie
Eight-day going carriage-clock, Grande et Petite Sonnerie, alarm, double date, moon phases; gilded brass
HKD 49,800 - 100,000
EUR 6,000 - 12,000 / CHF 6,300 - 12,600 / USD 6,400 - 12,700
Sold: HKD 67,500
Gilded brass, key-winding, vertical rectangular-shape, eight-day going, carriage-clock, with seven horological complications:
· Grande Sonnerie (in passing, at the quarters, strikes the hours and the quarter of hours, and, at the hour, the hours elapsed; on two steel gongs)
· Petite Sonnerie (in passing, at the quarters, strikes only the quarter of the hours, and, at the hour, the hours elapsed; on the same gongs); with position lever of “Petite Sonnerie”, “Silence” and “Grande Sonnerie” under the base
· Hour and quarter-hour striking on request (on the same gongs); activated by depressing the button on top of the cabinet
· Alarm on one gong via a small hammer (subsidiary dial at 6 o’clock)
· Date of the month (subsidiary dial at 5 o’clock)
· Day of the week (subsidiary dial at 7 o’clock; indications given in French)
· Phases of the moon (aperture at 6 o’clock in the dial); with correction lever under the base
“One piece” case; the top with glazed aperture to view the escapement.
White enamel dial with radial Roman numerals; blued steel “Spade” hands. Gilded brass false-plate.
Movement, 110 x 70 mm., two going barrels, plat-form escapement with lateral equilibrated lever escapement, cut bimetallic compensated balance with gold poising screws and blued steel hairspring with terminal curve, polished steel index-regulator.