Important Modern & Vintage Timepieces...
Hong Kong, Dec 05, 2021
I. L. BROWN
Eight-day going carriage-clock, hour and half-hour striking, hour-repeater, alarm, date, day, moon phases, music; silver and gilded brass
HKD 85,000 - 128,000
EUR 9,600 - 14,300 / CHF 10,100 - 15,100 / USD 11,000 - 16,400
Sold: HKD 100,000
Silver (or silvered metal) and gilded brass, key-winding, vertical rectangular-shape, eight-day going, musical carriage-clock, with six horological complications:
· Hour and half hour striking on one steel gong
· Hour-repeater on the same gong (activated by depressing the button on top of the cabinet)
· Alarm on the same gong via a small hammer (subsidiary dial at 6 o’clock on the reverse of the movement)
· Date of the month (subsidiary dial at 5 o’clock)
· Day of the week (subsidiary dial at 7 o’clock)
· Age and phases of the moon (subsidiary dial, graduated from 0 to 29 ½, and aperture at 6 o’clock)
· Musical movement (containing in the base of the cabinet; activated on request by a lever in the base or automatically after the alarm; not considered as a horological complication)
“Anglaise Riche” case with Corinthian columns; glazed on four sides; the top with glazed aperture to view the escapement.
White enamel dial with radial Roman numerals; blued steel “Breguet” hands. The lower part of the dial-plate painted with clouds and a starry sky.
Movement, 90 x 70 mm., two going barrels, plat-form escapement with lateral equilibrated lever escapement, cut bimetallic compensated balance with gold poising screws and blued steel flat hairspring, polished steel index-regulator.