Important Modern & Vintage Timepieces

Hong Kong, May 10, 2020

LOT 269

Patek Philippe for Trust Joyero - “Officier”; silver

Silver (0.900), manual-winding, round-shaped, gentleman’s wristwatch, hinged case-back, with subsidiary seconds at 6. White enamel dial with suspended Breguet numerals.

Brand Patek Philippe, Geneva

Model “Officier”; made for Trust Joyero, Madrid (Spain)

Year circa 1925

Movement No. 808 371

Case No. 9 931 (by Charles Dubois, Le Locle)

Material silver

Bracelet black leather strap

Buckle stainless steel buckle

Diameter 31.2 mm.

Caliber 1’’’ ½, gilded brass, straight-line equilibrated lever escapement, à moustaches

Signature dial, case and movement

HKD 69,000 - 86,000

USD 8,800 - 11,000 / EUR 8,000 - 10,000 / CHF 8,800 - 11,000

Sold: HKD 100,000


Grading System
Grade: AAA

Excellent

Case: 3-8

Good

Slightly scratched

Movement: 3 *
Dial: 3-01

Good

HANDS Original


Notes

This watch was delivered on March 22, 1927.

Biography

El Trust, Joyero y Relojero Internacional, Madrid
This Madrilenian watchmaking and jewellery (Puerta del Sol, No. 12) is managed in the early 20th century by D. Modesto Largo Alvarez.
It then markets exclusively for Spain the watches “Fix Watch Co.”, a registered trademark of the Charles Barbezat-Baillot (1847-1938) company of Le Locle (co-founded in the 1870’s, with Henry Guye (1838 -1877), under the name “Guye & Barbezat”). This house is then known worldwide for its pieces “Le Phare” (The Lighthouse), fitted with its patented centrifugal force regulator for repeater, several times award-winning invention (Swiss National Exhibition in Geneva in 1896, Paris Universal Exhibition in 1900, etc.).
In the 1920’s, this Spanish retailer (who also opened a store in San Sebastian in the Basque-Country) offers his customers watches by Longines (including pocket watches with minute-repeater on three gongs, known as Carillon or Chime) and by Patek Philippe, manufacture of which it is still depositary in the 1950’s.
Meanwhile, with the War of Spain, this retailer emigrated in 1936, in Argentina, in Buenos Aires. The house is then in the hands of C. Pellegrini, Esq. Corrientes.