Important Modern & Vintage Timepieces
Hong Kong, Jul 23, 2020
Large pocket watch, minute-repeater, triple date à guichets (with apertures), moon phases; 14K pink gold
HKD 52,000 - 68,000
CHF 6,500 - 8,500 / USD 6,900 - 9,000
14K pink gold, hunting-case, keyless-winding, round-shaped, large pocket watch, with subsidiary seconds at 6 and six horological complications:
- Minute-repeater on two steel gongs by two hammers (activated by the slide located on the case-band at 6 o’clock)
- 1/5 second chronograph (activated by the single olive-shaped push-piece located on the case-band at 12 o’clock) with outer ring divided in 300
- Half-instantaneous date of the month (aperture at 12 o’clock)
- Day of the week (aperture at 9 o’clock; indications given in French)
- Month of the year (aperture at 3 o’clock; indications given in French)
- Phases of the moon (aperture at 6 o’clock)
Cover engraved in taille-douce (fine-cut) with the cypher “F G”. Case-back polished.
Movement 20’’’, gilded brass, going barrel, straight-line lever escapement, cut bimetallic compensated balance with gold poising screws and blued steel hairspring with terminal curve, index regulator; repeater work with silent centrifugal governor; chronograph work on the top plate.