Important Modern & Vintage Timepieces
Hong Kong, Jul 23, 2020
Unsigned, attributable to LeCoultre & Co.
Pocket watch, linear digital triple date, so-called “American calendar”, moon phases; 18K pink gold
HKD 24,000 - 32,000
CHF 3,000 - 4,000 / USD 3,200 - 4,200
18K pink gold, open-face, keyless-winding, round-shaped, pocket watch, with subsidiary seconds at 6 and five horological complications:
- Half-instantaneous calendar à guichets (with apertures), so-called Calendrier américain or Quantième en ligne (American Calendar or Linear Calendar)
- Date of the month (aperture at 12 o’clock, in the centre)
- Day of the week (aperture at 12 o’clock, on the left; indications given in French)
- Month of the year (aperture at 12 o’clock, on the right; indications given in French)
- Phases of the moon (aperture at 6 o’clock)
Case-back polished and engraved in taille-douce (fine-cut) with the cypher “N V”.
Movement 18’’’, rhodium plated, going barrel, gold train of wheels, gold screwed-chaton (setting) on the central wheel, straight-line lever escapement, compensated balance with gold poising screws and blued steel hairspring with terminal curve.