Hong Kong, Nov 25, 2022
HEAVY AND IMPRESSIVE POCKET WATCH, MINUTE-REPEATER, DEAD INDEPENDENT SECONDS, TRIPLE DATE, MOON PHASES; 18K YELLOW GOLD
HKD 240,000 - 398,000
EUR 30,500 - 51,000 / CHF 30,000 - 50,000 / USD 30,400 - 51,000
Sold: HKD 275,000
18K yellow gold, hunting-case, keyless-winding, round-shaped, heavy and impressive pocket watch, with subsidiary seconds at 6 and seven horological complications:
· Minute-repeater by two hammers on two steel gongs (activated by the slide located on the case-band at 6 o’clock)
· Dead independent seconds (exterior graduation with central hand; activated by the rectangular push-piece located on the border of the case, at 5 o’clock)
· Two barrels with differential gears and bidirectional-winding inspired by Louis-Elisée Piguet’s (1836-1924) works (according to the patent which will be patented in 1895)
· Half-instantaneous date of the month (subsidiary dial at 3 o’clock)
· Day of the week (subsidiary dial at 9 o’clock; indications given in French)
· Month of the year (subsidiary dial at 12 o’clock; indications given in French)
· Phases of the moon (aperture at 6 o’clock)
Cover and case-back polished; cover engraved in taille-douce (fine cut) with the cypher “G L”; gold cuvette (dome) engraved in taille-douce (fine cut) with the technical specifications of the movement
White colour enamel dial with radial Roman numerals; pink gold diamond-set “Fantasy” hands.
19’’’, rhodium-plated, going barrel, with “fausses côtes” decoration, gold double-train of wheels, gold screwed-chatons (setting), straight-line equilibrated lever escapement, compensated balance with gold poising screws and blued steel hairspring with terminal curve, index regulator; repeater work on the main plate, under the dial.